Nestled within the heart of the Blue Ridge Plateau, Carroll County boasts an ideal setting for fishing within many of its mountain streams. Seasoned fishermen will attest to the vibrant quality of trout that can be hooked within Carroll County.
Key streams include:
- Crooked Creek (brown, rainbow, and brook trout)
- Stewarts Creek (brook trout)
- Little Reed Island Creek (rainbow and brown trout)
- Paul's Creek (brook trout)
- Lovill's Creek (rainbow trout)
- Laurel Fork (brook trout)
Many of these streams are within protected waters, such as within the Stewarts Creek Wildlife Management Area and the Crooked Creek Wildlife Management Area.
Please consult website listings and other sources for further details.http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/fishing/trout/